St. Teresa Hospital

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by hkkydd 12 yrs ago
Hello. I'm looking for some advice on giving birth at St. Teresa's hospital. I am due at the end of May 2012 and the usual private hospitals are out of our price range unfortunately. This seems to be a slightly cheaper option but I'm not sure if the maternity package that you download from the website includes the doctor's fees also? Would I need to find a doctor first that delivers at the there or do I make an appointment directly through the hospital? Has anyone had a recent birth experience at this hospital and wouldnt mind letting me know what it is like? Any advice would be really appreciated.

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
rockabyebaby 12 yrs ago
I've given birth there twice. The cost of the room does not include doctors fees. You can use the resident doctor there or find a doctor from outside who delivers there. I found a doctor in Central that delivers there but if you use the resident doctor, it will probably be cheaper. Another friend used the resident doctor there and had no complaints. The hospital was fine. I was in a room with 3 beds and it was not noisy. The nurses were friendly and very helpful with breastfeeding. However, you should know that the baby is in the nursery and not with you unless you are in a private room. That means you see the baby during breastfeeding time and the father only gets to hold the baby straight after the birth. After that, it is during specific viewing times through a window. This did not bother me as I was in the hospital for a very short time and I appreciated the rest after the birth, but for other women, it is an issue. The hospital does get full so book a place soon. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Please support our advertisers:

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad