Cost of IVF treatment in Bangkok, Thailand. Any Idea?

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by reidshanerose 9 yrs ago
Hello guys! I am hoping for accurate answer. Is there anyone here who already had IVF treatment in Thailand? How much would it cost?

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
PlacidWay 9 yrs ago
It will depend on your center choice. Do you already have an appointment with a certain clinic or hospital? Before you can undergo such treatment you must understand the steps. A typical IVF treatment may involve:

Step 1. Suppressing the natural monthly hormonal cycle
Step 2. Boosting the egg supply
Step 3. Checking on progress
Step 4. Collecting the eggs
Step 5. Fertilizing the eggs
Step 6. Embryo transfer
Step 7. Other treatments

In terms of cost Ovum pick-up + IVF+ Embryo Culture + Transfer in Bangkok, Thailand: $3,800 USD

sylieinshanghai 9 yrs ago
I had an IVF in Bangkok in December. The total cost was around 150,000 Baht or $4500USD.

This covered:
meds to supress the cycle
ovarian stimulating meds
consultations and ultrasound monitoring
blood tests
HCG trigger injection
egg retrieval
ICSI fertilization
Embryo transfer
post transfer meds to support pregnancy

It's never wise to choose a clinic solely based on the price, as there are other equally important factors to take into account such as the reputation/experience of the clinic's embryologist and reproductive endocrinologist, and how you are treated, as a person. IVF is big business. If you're looking for professional recommondations they come at at a price. An IVF consultant could sell me a list of clinics to consider, with prices starting at 250000 baht. I found my clinic through a professional recommendation from our sperm bank in Europe.

I would recommend anyone who needs to do IVF in Thailand to seek out Dr. Wiwat and his team at SAFE fertility in Bangkok. The clinic recommended I consider doing an IVF/ICSI and freeze any resulting embryos for later implantation, in hopes of a better outcome. They recommend this method for many patients, as this was a standard protocol, but not one that felt right for me. Even though we disagreed, my doctor respected my wishes, gained my trust and we were able to work towards a successful cycle together. That's why I would recommend this clinic. I put a high value on trust and peace of mind. IVF is stressful enough to go through without being in a situation where you feel something isn't right. This IVF cycle ended successfully, with two perfect embryos being transferred, but unfortunately didn't survive past the 6 week mark. Good luck to you.

emcee028 9 yrs ago
@PLACIDWAY what is the name of hospital you went?

Jassna 9 yrs ago
Sorry I saw this message as I am also in the process of going to do my first IVF and still considering the location. I wanted to try and get in contact with @sylieinshanghai as I am also now based in Shanghai so wondered if I could PM message you.

Thanks

Irishbird 9 yrs ago
I am currently doing my 1st IVF in Bangkok. One of the reason I chose Bangkok was because under HK law you are required to be married and I heard it would is cheaper. I searched on various websites and went to difference clinics before decided to go with Dr Witwat at SAFE centre. I recommend anyone to go to afew clinics and decide then.

I found SAFE Staff are super sufficient and professional. Sometimes there is a language barrier but found it wasn't a bad thing as IVF is very stressful and knowing every single detail is mentally challenging. If you need to know anything in detail.. Google helps.. And having a sister who went through IVF 5 times also!!

The costs which other people have listed below are not definitely not what I am paying! Yes everyone treatment and meds will be different. Yes, it will depends on age and the treatment.

My IVF package is coming close to HK$80K.. U$10K and this isn't including my hotels and flights to and from Bangkok. It certainly isn't cheap but is cheaper than HK tho.. HK IVF packages start at HK$150K++

If you are self efficient like me and enjoy being in different countries by yourself for most of the time. You will actually enjoy doing IVF in Bangkok as you can explore the city between appointments and the food is great! Anything to keep your mind off the obvious helps!

For anyone who is unmarried.. Thai laws are soon to change and require you to be married which should commerce in June/July time 2015.

I hope this helps anyone who has been searching tho the web like me to find answers about doing IVF in Bangkok!!

sherleyuki 9 yrs ago
HI everyone, I will be going to SAFE fertility to do my eggs retrieval this weekend, just want to check have anyone take their free transport from airport to their clinic.
Also may i know whether is Dr Wiwat's techniques good? Anyone experience pain after retrieval when going to toilet?

Thanks.

Hope u all can help.

Irishbird 9 yrs ago
Hi Sherleyuki,

Good luck with egg retrieval!!

I usually get a taxi to the centre as its only 350 baht and super efficient.

Dr Wiwat is the most experienced there so you are in good hands. Make sure you bring an energy drink with you to drink after the retrieval. The whole process takes around 20 mins and then you rest for another hour. They will only let you leave when you go to the toilet!. From my own personal experience regarding pain. This depends on how many eggs are retrieved but general you will pass so blood and it will feel bloated for a few days after but nothing unbearable.

Good luck and fingers crossed you have many good eggs!!!

sherleyuki 9 yrs ago
Thanks IRISHBIRD for your encouragement. Just want to check does peeing hurt after ER? i had one done in Aug this week in Singapore but not successful. Difficulty to pee due to pain. I asked Dr Wiwat and he says his patience dont' experience it. Do you experience that?

Irishbird 9 yrs ago
Hi Sherleyuki, Both times I had egg retrieval done I did not have any pain when peeing. There was a lot of blood the 1st time and the 2nd time I found that I didn't pass any blood at all. Dr Wiwat will give you pain killers for any pain as well as other medicine to make sure there isn't any infection. DONT WORRY!! I only felt sore on day 2-3 but it was more like a period pain. GOOD LUCK and let us know how you go!!!

sherleyuki 9 yrs ago
HI Irishbird i will keep you posted.
My experience in Singapore not so good... I am stuck in the toilet for 20min to pass urine. Fingers cross hope i have some eggs.

Irishbird 9 yrs ago
Hi Sherleyuki, I am sorry to hear about your previous experience but Dr Wiwat a man of few words but a great doctor is highly experienced. I hope you don't have the same experience again. Don't lose faith.! Be strong and be positive..

mopatch7 9 yrs ago
hi all i have failed 3 fresh cycles and 1 frozen cycle in my hometown (KL) clinic. and thinking of going bangkok for my next cycle. just for understanding for logistics purpose, may i know if you stayed in Bangkok for the whole IVF cycle from CD1 till retrieval? any issues clearing the induction meds through customs (presumably handcarrying them)? as the injections would be for about 2 weeks or so before retrieval, i was wondering if feasible to fly out of bangkok back home and self administer the meds and only returning again for retrieval. grateful for any advice or sharing of your experience. Thanks!

Irishbird 9 yrs ago
Hi Mopatch7,

I am so sorry to hear about your story. Keep strong! I went to Bangkok to do ICSI twice and both times I did it at SAFE.

This is my experience... I booked an apartment close to Chi Lom (where SAFE clinic is) Cape house or Natural Ville are only less than 6 mins walk away and sometimes you have to be at the clinic early. I personally preferred to stay in an apartment as there loads more space and you have your own private kitchen which I found helps as you need a fridge to store your medicine.

Your appointed person at your clinic will give you a timeline of when you need to be in Bangkok but generally you don't have to stay in Bangkok for the whole process. You do need to be flexible on your flight dates as in my case I needed to take additional medicine as my eggs where not fully matured so it postponed my egg retrieval by 3 days in Bangkok so they could monitor me.

The nurses give you clear instructions on how and what medicine you need to take home with you for the self injections etc. They did give me a letter with the medicine incase of any problems with Customs but I put the meds into my main suitcase (not hand carry) and had no problem getting it back to Hong Kong. For the induction injection, it is best for you to be in Bangkok but your appointed person will tell you this and they are usually give very clear timelines. I travelled back and forth from Bangkok around 3 times during that month.

Now.. for the 2nd time I did ICSI, I didn't go to Bangkok to get the starter injections/meds as my period came sooner so the Bangkok doctor told me to go to my HK doctor and they would instruct him on what dosage and meds I required to take.

My HK doctor would give me letters of my progress to email/whatsapp my appointed person in Bangkok so they could discuss it with the Bangkok doctor and then the Bangkok doctor would adjust the meds according to my progress. I had all my injections done by my doctor this time and not done by my boyfriend!! This way is slightly more expensive as HK doctors aren't cheap but it is more convenient in some ways (no travelling for 2 weeks) but you should be aware you need to be able to buy a flight out to Bangkok quickly when your embryos are the right size. Then after that its approx 12 days in Bangkok so they can monitor your embryos and give you your trigger shot ready for egg retrieval.

I hope this helps you but please feel free to contact me if you want to ask anything more about Bangkok etc.

Good luck!!!

mopatch7 9 yrs ago
Hi Irishbird, thanks so much for your sharing. this gives me a better idea on how to plan my schedule if i need to be off work. i will also make a trip to Dr Wiwat soon for a consultation to understand further. By the way, how many eggs did you retrieve and what are the results if you dont mind sharing? Thank you again.

Irishbird 9 yrs ago
Hi Mopstch7, You are going to be in excellent hands. Dr Wiwat Isn't a man of many words but a excellent doctor. Make sure you prepare any questions you have before your meeting as you only have a short time with him and his team. Oh I should mention that if you pay by cash you get certain discounts!! I usually get my money changed at Super rich which has the best rate of exchange. Any money saving helps!!

For my 1st IVF I did the long protocol and they retrieved 6 eggs.. 2 got frozen on the 2 day and the others didn't make it to day 5 . The 2nd IVF was short protocol and they only where able to retrieve 3 eggs but only 1 made it to day 2 to be frozen. So in total I only have 3 embryos.. I was so upset but I am hoping its quality not quantity. I'm currently on Chinese meds to balance my body as the 2nd IVF treatment was very hard on my body.. I had very bad acne and put on weight. I am now preparing myself for my embryos to be put back in in Jan.. So wish me good luck!!!

Let me know how you get on and am happy to help anyway I can!

mopatch7 9 yrs ago
Hi Irishbird, all the best for the transfer in Jan... be positive! and hope to hear your good news in Jan :)

sherleyuki 9 yrs ago
HI all, just came back from Bangkok. I have 4 follicles but only 2 eggs, and only 1 survive for Day 2 freeze. I need to go back to do another 2 ER to get at least 3 embryos before transferred as advised by Dr Wiwat. The team in SAFE is great. BTW Irishbird, which apartment did you rent when you are in Bangkok? I stayed at Holiday Inn Hotel opposite SAFE as my next ER is around New Year's time i hope to find a place that is less expensive and near to SAFE.
Mopatch7 i brought my medicines and cross custom, no problem, SAFE will give you a letter to show to the authorities.

Irishbird 9 yrs ago
Hi Sherleyuki,

The same thing happened to me on my 2nd IVF - 1 embryo survived to be frozen the 2nd day. Did you do long or short protocol?

No matter what.. time to rest up and enjoy everything that makes you happy! You deserved it. Remember it only takes 1 embryo to make a baby. Quality over quantity.. I took a break of 3 months before starting another IVF round but that was what I felt right for my body.

I will be in Bangkok in Jan too!! We should meet up!

For apartments.. I stayed at a few!!
- Natural Ville - Chi Lom - the apartments are older but very big, bright and clean. Around HK500/HK$600 per night including breakfast. There is a supermarket right opposite the hotel - great for buying all those eggs to eat before your ER! You also have some great restaurants like Crepes and co (less than 3 mins walk)

- Cape house - Chi lom - the apartments are classic New England style. A lot smaller than Natural Ville but still very nice. Around HK$900+ with breakfast. This hotel is very popular as its at the top of Chi lom road and only 5 mins walk to the clinic and major shopping malls and sky train

- Grande Centre Point Hotel Ploenchit - very business like hotel/apartment. Rooms are all newly renovated and next to Natural Ville. Prices around HK$500+ again depends on when you book.

These are the top 3 apartments I stayed with regularly when I was in Bangkok. All very safe and quiet. Much better than a big hotel chain in many ways and all have swimming pools too.

You should check agoda, hotel.com, booking.com, latestays.com for prices as usually all have deals at different days.

Take care and just buzz if you need any other info.

Irish

Irishbird 9 yrs ago
Hi MOPATCH7,

Thank you for your support.! Ill keep you updated. Good luck to you too!

Irish :)

sherleyuki 8 yrs ago
Hi Irishbird i am flying to BKK on 29/12 night and returning on 4/1. I am looking for a place to stay now as the hotel i want to stay in full.
I am checking on the 3 apartments that you have recommend me i want to stay near city center for shopping.

Irishbird 8 yrs ago
Hi Sherleyuki,

Good luck!! Fingers crossed for some fab news!!

Irishbird 8 yrs ago
Hi Sherleyuki,
Happy New Year!! How did your treatment go?

gbizmisc 8 yrs ago
I also did my first ivf at SAFE in Dec, but failed. T_T
Had 3 embryos, but all were abnormal, by NGS.
I had ICSI done, wondering if too much tempering contributed to my embryos being all abnormal. Anyone knows?

Wondering if others had experiences of getting all abnormal embryos though kept trying, hoping to get a normal.

Also wondering if I should try other ivf clinics in BKK, rather than try again at SAFE.. hoping different team/protocol.. maybe different outcome?

Any recommendations anyone?

sherleyuki 8 yrs ago
Hi IRISHBIRD, i have done 2 ER, managed to get a total of 4 frozen embryos. Most likely my ET will be in March. Now so far so good.

HI GBIZMISC, what is your protocol in SAFE? Mine is the mini ivf cycle, taking clomid, injecting gonal f with menopaur. Did you take CoQ10 and L Arginine? Dr Wiwat prescribe this 2 supplements to me after my first ER. I have also dome Karotype blood test to minimize chromosome abnormality too. Maybe you can ask Dr Wiwat what is his recommendation on the abnormal embryos.

gbizmisc 8 yrs ago
Hi SHERLEYUKI, I did ICSI/NGS. What's a mini ivf cycle? I wasn't given clomid, do you know why you were on clomid in addition to the injections? I did take CoQ10 and L Arginine for 12 days before retrieval, did you take them for a longer time? Are all 4 of your frozen embryos normal, did you do NGS? What's the "karyotype blood test" to minimize chromosome abnormality? I really need this!! And I'm not able to contact Dr. Wiwat except through my appointed person, on whatsapp, who isn't very responsive. Not sure what to do... T_T I can also be contacted at gbizmisc@yahoo.com

Irishbird 8 yrs ago
Hi Sherleyuki, Glad everything went smooth.. fingers crossed for March!!!

Hi GBIZMISC, I did ICSI twice at Safe clinic. If you are not happy with your appointed person then asked for someone new. My appointed person was Rose. You should be made to feel that you are supported and understand the procedure to what you require. Remember you are the one paying the money!!! There are loads of clinics in Bangkok so find one which suits your needs. If I was unsure or in doubt about anything I got backup advice from my doctor in Hong kong so there are other avenues to find out what you need. Chin up.. its not easy but God willing we will all have beautiful babies in the end!!!

sherleyuki 8 yrs ago
Thanks Irishbird, so happy that this time ER managed to freeze 3 embryo.
Thinking to do transfer in march.

HI GBIZMISC, i am doing a mini ivf. Meaning that i only inject Gonal F and Menopaur with clomid. Actually i have side effect with clomid when i took i have lining problem. I think if u are in long protocol, you will need to inject an additional medication, which i have done it in Singapore in July. I think mini ivf means the dosage is not aggressive.
I have low reserve, so taking clomid can help to increase the number of follicles. Previously i done long protocol and only got 2 eggs and 1 fertilized. Dr Wiwat told me that mini cycle or long protocol, i will still get 2-3 eggs so may as well doI took Coq10 and L Arginine for 2 months. I have frozen all my embryos on day 2 that is why i cannot do PGD as day 2 cells a little. Therefore instead of checking the embryos chromesome, i check mine and my husband as higher chance that the embryos chromosome is normal. I think you can request to change consultant. You emailed the area manager Sue, to request.

gbizmisc 8 yrs ago
Hi IRISHBIRD, thanks for your encouragement. Could you please share the other clinics you have researched-on or visited in BKK, why you didn't choose them and ended-up choosing SAFE?

Hi SHERLEYUKI,
-what did Dr. Wiwat do differently for your second ER that you were able to retrieve 3 eggs vs. just 2 for the first cycle?

-which medications did you inject in Singapore in July? Which additional medication did you think I need? I think what I've done was the antagonist protocol, day1-7 menopur + gonalf, day 6-10 orgalutran, day 8-9 gonalf only, day 10 trigger shot, day 11-12 ibruprofen pills 3 times a day, then ER.

for both of you irishbird and sherleyuki, your eggs were frozen on day2.. may I ask why you didn't let your embryos culture until day3 or day5 to do NGS to make sure all 23 chromosome are normal? thanks

sherleyuki 8 yrs ago
HI GBIZMISC, in Singapore i have done the long protocol, which means i start injection of suprefact 1 week before my menses. Once menses came, i need to inject Suprefact, Gonal F and Menopaur every morning. I have done another protocol is to inject Elonva (1 injection that last 7 days) follow by Gonal F and Menopaur on Day 8, but i don't react well.

For second ER i was given coq10 and L arginine, and i am also taking TCM herbs, my injections are all the same.
Dr Wiwat says that it is best to put it back to the uterus asap, as that will be the best environment for the embryo to grow, chances of eggs surviving day 3 or 5 might be lower. If you have lots of eggs of course you can do Day3 or Day 5 whereby they can perform chromosome test. That is why my husband and i did the chromosome test instead, as chances of abnormal chromosome is low if both of us are normal.

cherryblosson 8 yrs ago
Hi, just found out about this forum and thought of sharing my experience in Thailand. I am seeing Dr Kriengchai in Jetanin Center in Chidlom. I have done 2 IUIs but failed and went ahead with ICSI in November. But the cost is not cheap at all, i think the cost is equivalent to overseas treatment.

gbizmisc 8 yrs ago
Hi SHERLEYUKI, thanks for sharing in detail. Did you have prior experience that your embryos usually didn't last until day5-6, thus freeze them asap instead?

Hi CHERRYBLOSSON,
How much was your ICSI at Jetanin?
Can you please share your experience in more detail?
Would you recommend Jetanin, why or why not? Thanks!

Irishbird 8 yrs ago
Hi Sherleyuki and all..

I thought you would like to know how my FET went at SAFE. I did all the stuff that people recommended.. pineapple core for 5 days after.. eat healthy.. Took all the required meds plus paid for additional embryo glue and drip (anything to help and support the embryos)

Saw all 3 embryos (result of 2 ICSI with Dr Wiwat and all embryos was frozen on day 2 as the others didn't survive to day 4-5) put back into my womb which was amazing to see.. Had my blood test done on day 11 after the transfer and confirmed I am not pregnant. Very disappointed and words can't tell you how sad and empty I feel. No follow up messages from SAFE contact so was also not very happy with that.. feel like my world has collapsed.. Wont do it again in Bangkok and will try Prague or Spain as it is so much cheaper than SAFE.

I still believe there is hope as I believe I will eventually get there.. so hang in there anyone who is in my shoes right now. :)

cherryblosson 8 yrs ago
Hi GBIZMISC,

It cost around THB270k (+/-). Opted for PGD testing which cost additional THB100k.
I found Jetanin through recommendation from my thai friend and also another close friend of mine who had successful case with them. Also i heard the royal family and thai celebrities were some of their patients. Hence i went there for consultation without seeking other clinics. But i must say 80% of their patients now are from mainland china, hence most of the nurses can speak chinese.

I did ER in December. Managed to retrieve 5 eggs, 4 fertlised but only 2 made it to blastocyst stage. However only 1 is normal after PGD test, so i have only 1 blastocyst embryo left. My case was slightly different as i had polyps in my uterus which was discovered only during the hormonal jabs prior to egg retrieval. Hence after egg retrieval, I went for polypectomy surgery to remove the polyps. My embryo has to be frozen in that case.

cherryblosson 8 yrs ago
Hi Irishbird,

I absolutely understand how you feel. Honestly I dont know if i can give it another try if this cycle fails. My doc doesnt talk much too, just do their duty to check and proceeded with what is necessary and no further conversation. In my opinion, i think it is the language barrier too. I believe they may have more communication with the local patient. Initially i was very particular about that as i prefer to have a doctor that remembers my name and can at least recall what happened during the last visit without looking at the file. Well i guess, these fertility centers have to many foreign and local patients that they just dont have time for the little personal touch and follow up service. Wishing all of us luck here!

sherleyuki 8 yrs ago
Hi all, I am also quite disappointed with SAFE services. The doctor forget to give me birth control pill and prescribe Androgel to me. When i ask the patient liaison, they told me that maybe because i did not opt for birth control pill??? So when i ask when do i start to use Androgel, they told me no need to use, then why prescribe to me.
Other than this episode, they also make mistakes on my menses date and give me a totally wrong timeline, and i have booked my air ticket by then, when i check with SAFE again, they totally say it is not their fault, but it is obvious that they recorded the date of my first mense as the day i have done my ER, which cannot be possible. In the end i have spend additional $200 to change my airticket. The last part, is that when i go there i told them of the package that they have offered to me and i want to take up the package, and they tell me it is not valid anymore. I told SAFE that Dr Wiwat asks me to go back and consider, so after consideration i want to take the package. SAFE told me oh when you first pay your first bill it is consider you are not taking the package anymore!!! But i was charged exactly the package price the first time, and they tell me oh now there is a change in price.

I just want to get over my ET asap and i will not be going back to SAFE anymore.

gbizmisc 8 yrs ago
Hi Irishbird, I totally feel for you. The same feeling I got after I got my NGS results back, and no follow-up from SAFE. Didn't even get to FET. I was crushed. Now still don't know how to better my chances of getting at least 1 normal.. after all, spending significant sums of money (like another mortgage) but no real answers. I wanted to ask, for IVF in Prague or Spain, is it allowed to choose the sex of the baby? And how much does one round of IVF/ICSI/NGS/FET cost? Thanks so much for any info.!

Hi Sherleyuki, quite surprised about the meds mistake & menses date/timeline! Who's your SAFE contact person?

And oh yes, I've already felt a while back that IVF is big business for them.. everything is $$$. By the way, how much is Androgel?

They say I have to use it next cycle.. but now, I'm not sure how much confidence I have in SAFE.

sherleyuki 8 yrs ago
HI GBIZMI SC i don't know the price of Androgel, as it is lumped under medication. Dr Wiwat is a good and experience doctor, just that the consultants are all about $$$. SAFE have good doctors and embryologists which is vital for IVF.

I have spent a lot of money on this baby thing, i think my last draw will be to go India, i heard it is cheaper. In India, i can use surrogate if i really cannot carry the baby, or get a donor for egg.

gbizmisc 8 yrs ago
Hi Sherleyuki,

How did you confirm that the doctors and embryologists are good at SAFE? It'd be nice to feel more confident about their lab.. cuz I'm wondering if something went wrong in the lab.. as a result I got all abnormals. I chose SAFE based on info. I can find online, though really didn't and don't know if the doctors/lab/embryologists are good... really hope I'm not just draining my savings keeping on getting all abnormals...

About India, do you know if gender selection is allowed? And the costs?

Thanks lots for sharing!!

Irishbird 8 yrs ago
Hi All, I used Androgel on my 1st cycle of IVF. It did help me when I was getting ready for egg retrieval but I didn't use it for egg transfer. It seems all of us has had problems with SAFE and I am hoping for better service and follow up in my next choice of clinic.

I also hear from various forums that India is a good choice to have IVF, PDG etc but I think I will try a European country first. I am only starting my initial research into clinics but I am heavily relying on baby forums and other peoples comments. The technology seems more advanced in Spain, Prague or Czech and a lot cheaper.. Money is a big factor now as the last 2 IVF at SAFE has been more expensive than I thought.. All do the same stuff PDG, IVF, egg donor etc..

Have you ladies heard about the new device AneVivo? http://www.medicalrepublic.com.au/uk-trials-breakthrough-ivf-device/. It seems that Spain has already been using this for awhile now. Gives us more hope!!

sabbyc 8 yrs ago
Hi sherleyuki,

I'm going in February for Er!! My first try in bkk!!! So nervous....

sabbyc 8 yrs ago
Sherleyuki ,

How do I pm u here? Totally clueless. Are u base in SG?

nanfsmith 8 yrs ago
Any body has any experience with Dr. Viwat of BNH?

sabbyc 8 yrs ago
I'm leaving tomorrow to bk. Meeting dr wiwat for egg retreival. Cross finger will get tons of quality eggs!!!! Dr wiwat and team is great so far no complain

sherleyuki 8 yrs ago
Hihi SABBYC, yes i am based in SG. How about you? You have a safe and good trip, Dr Wiwat and team are professional so no need to worry. All the best with tons of quality eggs...

Update me when you are back!!!
Good luck

sabbyc 8 yrs ago
Hi sherleyuki,

How's your outcome? Good news?

sabbyc 8 yrs ago
I'm base in SG too... Email me ? Sab_chew@hotmail.com
This is my 5th Ivf. 4 times in SG.. All failed... This round try out bk.
I'm 38 already....

sherleyuki 8 yrs ago
SABBYC, Oh no worries sure ok this time round. Don't worry so much. Just enjoy your trip, but try to rest 2 days after the retrieval before coming back to SG.

Irishbird 8 yrs ago
SABBYC, Good luck in BKK!!

sabbyc 8 yrs ago
Thanks peeps. At clinic now. Not too crowded like when I first visited. Maybe it's a Tuesday.

Irishbird 8 yrs ago
SABBYC.. May I ask if you are on the same protocol for the 5 times ? Did Dr Witat change the protocol ? I'm just asking as when I did the long protocol I responded better than the short protocol.?

Thanks

sabbyc 8 yrs ago
2 fresh 2 thaw in SG. Diff... 1sr puregon 2nd elonva. This round gonad 8 days. 1st long.. 2nd short.

i007 8 yrs ago
We are heading to bangkok in April to have iVF+PGD done with Dr. Wiwat at Safe fertility... hopefully it goes smoothly.. I have no idea how good this clinic is.

sherleyuki 8 yrs ago
SABBYC how is your cycle going on? How many eggs have you collected?
I am going back for my FET in april early this month. Dr Wiwat will be away from 8-16 April 2016. Need to transfer before he left for his trip.

I007 how is your trip to BKK?

i007 8 yrs ago
Hi SHERLEYUKI, I'm heading to BKK on the 13th April to start my IVF with Dr Wiwat, I'll be seen by another doctor first then they'll pass me onto Dr wiwat when he gets back to work. I can't tell you my experience yet... Good luck with your FET :-)

ptns888 8 yrs ago
hi I have read here somewhere (sorry I cant seem to find it anymore), that Spain IVF is much much cheaper than BKK, can anyone here suggest an affordable but reliable Spain IVF? What is the success rate? I have a failed IVF attempt with SART and it cost 10K USD. II saw that Cyprus has it for 5K EUR only all in. Has anyone here tried that? is it safe? appreciate your help. thanks.

piggy09 8 yrs ago
Hi SHERLEYUKI, have you done your FET?
Rest well and have plenty of water.

SABBYC, when r u going back for FET?

I'm based at Sg too.
I've done one fresh and two FET with doctor at JB but failed.
I'm thinking whether I should do at KKH or BKK (SAFE clinic).
Mind to share with me whether you have tried any doctor in SG?
What is your recommendation?

sherleyuki 8 yrs ago
Hi Piggy09 I m doing my FET Tmr, at Bangkok now. The experience is a bit different from SG as they give more medications and injection to support your hormone. I have done Ivf in Nuh whereby I m only give crinone and one medication after transfer. Here I have intralipid, embryo glue and atoibas to choose or according to dr advice.

piggy09 8 yrs ago
Sherleyuki, good luck to you!
Looking forward to hear good news from you soon!
I'm still in dillema whether to go abroad for IVF.. Looking at your comments seems like the services at SAFE is not good. But looking at the success rate they published in website it is quite convincing. (Not sure how true is the info)..

sherleyuki 8 yrs ago
Hi Piggy09, I think the success rate depends on age. If your Fsh is normal maybe u still try in SG. I have low Fsh so cannot freeze one by one in SG, that is why I came Bangkok. I think msia also can...
Do u also take Tcm treatment?

Irishbird 8 yrs ago
Hi Sherleyuki,

Good luck and fingers crossed for some good news from you soon!! Sending you loads of hugs and support from HK.. x

Irishbird 8 yrs ago
Hi PTNS888,

I am currently researching into doing FET in Europe mainly Greece. I have also had a failed FET with SAFE in Bangkok earlier this year. I suggest you check out some websites and forums on which country you prefer. Spain is slightly more expensive than Portugal, Prague and Greece but definitely cheaper than Bangkok with all modern equipment.

Don't give up hope.. I had a friend in the UK who had IVF 12 times and now has a beautiful miracle.. I believe that the clinics in Europe try to find the source of the problem and test for many things as well as good aftercare which Thailand lacks..

Hope this helps.

ptns888 8 yrs ago
Hi irishbird,
Thank you so much. Can you please let me know whatever you can research? :) what clinic in Greece is best and cheaper than bangkok?

Irishbird 8 yrs ago
Hi PTNS888, you need to do your own research as I don't know your medical background and what is comfortable for you. I am not looking at the cheapest place but a more favorable price as I have done IVF twice now. I am looking for a clinic which is suitable for what suits me. At SAFE I didn't feel they handled things very well and feel they are very insensitive to people who are unsuccessful as well as other things.

Google the country's you are interested in and see what works for you. Each country has many reviews and forums on the best clinics but I would read from the forums before making a choice..

piggy09 8 yrs ago
Hi Sherleyuki, how is your FET today? Did u bed rest after that?
When r u flying back to Sg?
My problem is with the uterus lining. Max is only 8mm even my doctor has given higher dosage of progynova. The person in charge of my inquiry in SAFE told me the doctor will give some scratch to the lining to increase the chances of implantation. (This is what I heard from my Tcm that Thailand has such technology).
I do visit Tcm and taking chinese medicine.
I've also did accupunture before and after the FET.
Do u know where can I have ultrasound/vaginal scanning to check my uterus lining? Any gynea clinic will do?

Irishbird 8 yrs ago
Hi piggy09,

I'm not sure if you are taking any vitamins to thicken your lining but pls check out this website which might help you.

http://natural-fertility-info.com/thin-lining-of-the-uterus-build-the-uterine-lining-naturally.html

I would also recommend getting a second option about doing a scratch as if your lining is too thin it will be impossible for the embryo to stick.

Good luck!

piggy09 8 yrs ago
Hi Irishbird, thank u so much!
I've read this website before and it is good for me to revisit the points again now.
I've stopped the vitamins (vitamin E, EPO and royal jelly) after I start taking chinese medicine.
Maybe it is time for me to resume the consumption now.
I've tried L-arginine before but I've stopped it after knowing it actually lower blood pressure.
My blood pressure is at low side so I decided not to take it anymore.

Yea... U r right. I should seek second opinion on the scratch procedure.
My doctor who did Ivf for me told me that his patients did success with lining <8mm but i think it contributes to the success/failure of my ivf.

sherleyuki 8 yrs ago
Hi piggy09 I also have lining issues. I took max dose of progynova and also vaginal suppository but does not happy. My lining is only 7.6 mm, dr wiwat says it is acceptable to transfer. Tried drinking raspberry leaf tea but not helping for me.
After transfer I start to have cramp I hope it is normal. I think all gynae can scan lining for u, u can go to your previous or any private ones. I scan mine in Safe.

piggy09 8 yrs ago
Hi Sherleyuki, we r in the same boat...
I tried accupunture after FET but it didn't turn out positive for me.
Did Dr Wiwat did scratching for u?

sherleyuki 8 yrs ago
Hello piggy09, I didn't do accuputure during FET i m very scare of needles suddenly lol.
I done my scratching dec last year. But I don't think it works as well, haha but I m taking Tcm medications hopefully it helps.

piggy09 8 yrs ago
Sherleyuki, how come the scratching was done last year?
I believe Tcm more or less did help but my doctor asked me to stopped chinese medicine the moment I start my ivf cycle.
So I take the chinese medication again after I failed my ivf.

sherleyuki 8 yrs ago
My scratching was done during my first retrieval and I opt to put a camera inside to check for scar tissues. When I start Ivf, my Tcm also stop me from taking the Chinese herbs, only I finish retrieval then I start Tcm medication again. I had a few packets of medication given to me to be taken one after I transfer, to "an tai" . I try to drink it a few hours difference from my western medications. Now just so bored in hotel as SaFe told me to stay rested for the next 3 days.

piggy09 8 yrs ago
Hi Sherleyuki, how r u feeling?
Still at bkk now? The haze is back in Sg. The smell is bad especially in the morning.
What is the benefit of checking scar tissues? Is it one time checking or actually it is a monitoring process?

sherleyuki 8 yrs ago
Hi piggy09 I will be coming back Tmr evening. The scar tissues are important for implantation. If u have scar tissues it will mean very uneven lining so more difficult to implant. I have only check once, I think once is enough at the same they can only see whether your tubes are blocked or not. How is the psi in Sg

piggy09 8 yrs ago
Sherleyuki, welcome back! Will u be working or taking rest during the 2ww?
The PSI is about 55-70. Only feel hazey in the morning.
Be positive and take care during this period.
Can't wait to hear good news from you! Jia you!

sherleyuki 8 yrs ago
Hi Piggy09 I actually quit my job last year for Ivf. Going back to my ex company 1 week later to work for 6 months (contract) since quite bored at home.

leed28 8 yrs ago
Hi Everyone
I'm wondering if anyone can give me some info/advice on the logistics of getting the ones partner or their sperm to the clinic in Thailand - for example if my partner can not travel - is it possible to have the sperm taken in HK and then sent to Thailand? Will they do that in HK (we are not married).
Thanks

piggy09 8 yrs ago
Hi Sherleyuki, how r u? Hope u r doing good and successful in your ivf.

sherleyuki 8 yrs ago
Hi piggy 09 unfortunately my Ivf failed, dr wiwat says that should be embroyo quality not good. I m considering donor egg at this time and explore other options.

piggy09 8 yrs ago
Hi Sherleyuki, I'm so sorry to hear about that. I totally understand how u feel.
I believe god hears you and he will arrange the best for u.
Don't give up. I'm sure u will success soon!

sherleyuki 8 yrs ago
Piggy09 I m thinking of getting donor eggs .... Considering now.

piggy09 8 yrs ago
Sherleyuki, where do u plan to get the donor eggs?
Will u get from someone u know or from the eggs bank?
It is a tough decision... u will have my full support whatever decision u made.

sherleyuki 8 yrs ago
Hi piggy09 will not get from anyone I know if not will be complicated. Most likely from donor that I don't know. Still thinking about it

gbizmisc 8 yrs ago
Hi Sherleyuki, it's been many months. I wanted to ask, how many egg retrievals did you have? I had a total of 3.. first and second times, both bad egg quality; however, the third time came back almost all A quality.. I couldn't believe it. But the third time I tried embryoscope, I wonder if the constant and stable conditions of embryoscope made all the difference to my embryos.. had I done embryoscope from the first IVF, I may already had A quality eggs.. just a guess. Have you tried embryoscope? Also, if you did NGS or ACGH, you'd weed-out the abnormal ones which greatly increases your chances for implementation. After 3 ivf/ngs, I finally have 1 and ONLY ONE normal embryo. I was elated! Have you tried all I've mentioned above?

Now that I'm getting ready for FET, I'm crushed because my lining didn't go beyond 6.5 even being on 6 pills of progynova daily along with Climara patch 100. Dr Wiwat wanted me to cancel and try natural without drugs next cycle, however, out of nowhere told me to prepare my womb in my own country and just go back for FET. Not feeling that I see light at the end of the tunnel, and I've got only One Normal Embryo.. so preparing my womb becomes the single most important step but I don't know who to go to, to prepare my womb in HK. All docs do different things, drugs, natural, pills, shots... etc. How do we know what is the best method to give us the highest chance of getting pregnant? thanks all for any advice.

cherryblosson 8 yrs ago
Hi Gbizmisc,

You are right about every doctor has different methods,protocol etc.I have 2 failed ivf too.I have seek a few advise from gynaes in Bangkok,Singapore and the most recent one (Sunfert fertility center in Malaysia) proposed that I try accupunture before going for another ivf treatment.Apparently these method is also recommended to patients before going for embryo transfer.I am not a big supporter of traditional Chinese medicine but I don't mind giving it a shot since it does not bring much harm to our body and if that can help to increase the chances.All the best to you!

gbizmisc 8 yrs ago
Thanks so much Cherryblosson!

I've had about 5 sessions of acupuncture before day 13 when my doctor cancelled my FET cuz my max was 6.5mm only.. either it doesn't work for me or much longer treatment is needed. Really want some answers to why why why some people's lining thicken, and others don't? I don't think age is as much a factor for lining as it is for egg quality... as many could still get pregnant in the 40's using donor eggs, but more difficult to have A quality eggs.. I'm not 40 yet, I don't understand why my lining can reach only 6.5mm max T_T

cherryblosson 8 yrs ago
Sorry to hear that accupunture did not work for you Gbizmisc.I guess many of us who are on the same boat often question ourselves why certain treatment works for other people but not us:)Looking at the positive side, good thing is that you know what to concentrate or focus on.I had normal lining and one blastocyst embryo during my last IVFs but still..it failed to implant.So I am gonna take a break and try focus on Chinese med and accupunture for now. I found this center in Malaysia http://www.goldengatefertility.com.Perhaps you can take a look,I read some review about thickening lining etc..

gbizmisc 8 yrs ago
Thanks for the info, Cherryblosson. For your blasts, did you check all chromosomes using NGS or ACGH?

Abnormal chromosomes is major reason why blasts don't implant.. next is lining issues.

By the way, where are do doing your IVF in Thailand? Do you like your experiences there?

cherryblosson 8 yrs ago
Hi Gbizmisc, I did pgs screening to test all chromosomes for my ivf treatments. I had 2 blastocyst embryo but one was abnormal,so they transferred the normal embryo.My lining was good too at the time of implantation.But it did not work out.

I had it in Jetanin,service was good but it is overcrowded. Average waiting time is 3 hrs just to see the doctor.I guess they are effective for patients who are suitable for 'one size fit all' treatment in my opinion.

sherleyuki 8 yrs ago
Hi Gbizmisc, I have total 4 embroyo and grade 2 quality. Unfortunately all didn't make it... Still thinking what is my next step. My lining was 7.6 mm so able to do the transfer. I think u should check your lining in your country first before making a trip to Bangkok.
Dr wiwat told me that maybe the egg quality no good and ask me to consider donor eggs instead. I m quite open to the suggestions but I need to find my own donor. I saw that Malaysia does offer donor so I m exploring.

Anyone has idea on donor egg in Malaysia? Any recommendations of clinics to talk to? Now I m very troubled not sure what is my next step.

gbizmisc 8 yrs ago
Hi Sherleyuki, I don't know about donors in Malaysia, but I do know donors are not hard to find in the USA.. most clinics have donor information I think. I also know some people advertise on the newspaper to find donors of the traits/nationality they want, of course, with nice pay-out. Most donors in the US are college girls, who need money for college...

cherryblosson 8 yrs ago
Hi Sherleyuki,I am in Malaysia now and I was 'shopping' around for gynaes and fertility centers before coming back here.I did quite abit of research and I also joined the TTC forum to get more information. I met 3 gynaes so far and out of this 3,I find that Dr Wong P.S from Sunfert fertility center is really professional. You can google more information about him. They also have egg donor programme in this center which I think you can explore further. http://www.sunfert.com/sperm-and-egg-donation-programme/

There are few others fertility center which were recommended but I am not too sure if every center provides egg donor programme.Let me know if you want it,I can share with you.

Personally I would advise you to meet the doctor first.Get his opinion to assess your condition,from what you have said earlier you do have eggs reserve right?cos egg quality can be improved but not the quantity.But again it's good that you let the gynae know about your history and condition and see what is his advise.Let me know if there is any other info you may need.

fanbritsjohnson 8 yrs ago
i think around 4000$

sherleyuki 8 yrs ago
Hi cherry blossom, yes please share with me the contact. My dr recommends to go alpha medical, not sure is it good. Do u the cost? I was quoted rm20000 but not sure include medication and retrieval and transfer fee

cherryblosson 8 yrs ago
Hi Sherleyuki

Here is the list of fertility centers recommended:-

(1) Sunfert - Dr Wong Pak Seng
(2) KL Fertility Centre - Dr Prashant
(3) Tropicana Medical Centre (TMC)
(4) IVF Metro - Dr Tee
(5) Damai Service Hospital (Concept Fertility) - Dr Mahesh
(6) Ramsay SDHC (formerly SJMC) - Dr Haris Hamzah / Dr Tan Teck Sin
(7) Alpha Fertility Centre - Dr Leong
(8) Fertility Associates - Dr Arasu

I met with Dr Leong from Alpha during my first consultation.He is trained under Dr Collin Lee who is pioneer in ivf,as such Dr Collin is very busy and his consultation fee is slightly higher than Dr Leong.Ivf treatment cost in Alpha is about rm30-40k include pgs screening. Whereas Dr Wong from Sunfert is ard Rm20k to Rm33k depending what package you choose.You can checkout their website.I am planning to go ahead with Sunfert since I m more comfortable with Dr Wong,most probably in July or August.

sherleyuki 8 yrs ago
Hi cherryblosson thank you for your info, are u getting a donor as well? The amount rm 20-30 k include donor eggs

cherryblosson 8 yrs ago
Hi Sherleyuki,sorry I am not too sure about the cost for donor eggs.The price quoted is for ivf treatments with pgs screening.I will give it a few try with ivf so I am not considering donor eggs at this moment.

Pati197606 8 yrs ago
Hi All

This is such a helpful and informative forum. We have been looking around for ivf (first timers) and SAFE's name comes up in pretty much all of the searches.

There is another name (ivfmiraclebaby) which comes up in searches. Has anyone dealt with these people ?

How do we start our process with SAFE?

Thanks in advance girls.

i007 8 yrs ago
Hi,
It's really easy to start your IVF with SAFE. I have just had my first IVF done with them in April and will be going back there next month in July to do Frozen Embryo Transfer. They are very quick with email responses.. just go to their website and email them - let them know you are interested then they'll ask you to fill in register form and send it back to them. Then they'll email you the costs etc. and your timeline. You just follow the timeline..

Pati197606 8 yrs ago
Thanks IOO7

I actually called them. Looks like the language is the problem. They have someone called Alisha there who talks English.

Did someone talk to Alisha there? Also She mentioned that it's going to cost 119K TBH for one egg extraction. Can someone please share the cost related information?

i007 8 yrs ago
Hi PATI197606,

I suggest you email them because the costs will be a lot more clear in writing as everything is broken down. The person I deal with is lovely and her english is good. WE have been communicating via emails and it's been great. Some people there does speak crap english but some are good enough to understand. Why do you want just a single egg extraction,are you going to do the injections first? 119K sounds about right (it doesn't matter how many eggs its still same price) . Other clinics are similar price I have done ALOT of researches on prices and clinic in BKK before I decided to go with SAFE. I did IVF+ICSI+PGD/NGS with them. If you dont mind me asking what is your condition? I have stage 4 Endometriosis and cyst on my right ovaries. I only end up with ONE embryo left to transfer as i didnt have too many eggs retrieved right from the start.

Pati197606 8 yrs ago
Thanks for the info IOO7

I have no idea as how many extractions will be required as this is my first try. I am 40 years old but my previous pregnancies were normal. I have been told that IVF is a very different arena and the rules are different. Just to check my condition I asked my GP to give me a referral for ultrasound. I was told that I had 7 follicles. Now I don't know whether they are enough or not.

How many extractions are normal at this age?

Thanks

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad