Chinese herbs during two week wait?

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by Keepontrying 15 yrs ago
Is traditional chinese medicine safe to take during the 2ww (i.e., post embryo transfer)? My western doctor suggests not to take any, but of course my traditional chinese medical practitioner/accupunturist tells me it's safe and will help with implantation. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Keepontrying

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
lolo32 15 yrs ago
Hi,

Which doctor you see? are you during the 2ww? me too. but i had the same advice, from chinese med said it is fine, but western doctor said not okay. I guess if you already have injection and medication, it should be enough. The first 2 IVF attempts i tried both, but failed. This is my third. Let's see.

How many times you tried IVF or IUI?

longing 15 yrs ago
Hi Keepontrying,

Troy stopped prescribing chinese herbs and acupuncture during the 2ww so there must be a reason.

Stay positive and hope all goes well.

Longing ;-)

Keepontrying 15 yrs ago
lolo32,

This is my 4th IVF attempt. I am seeing Dr Philip Ho and Troy Sing (for TCM and accupuncture). Yes, am in my 2ww now. We will see how it goes...

longing, i suppose Troy may prescribe herbs during the 2ww on a case by case basis as he has given me herbs to take for 10 days post the transfer.

Keepontrying

honeypie 15 yrs ago
Keepontrying...........all the best to you, i'll keep you in my prayers that all goes well this time.

My acupuncturist (not Troy, went to see his ex-assistant few months ago as it's cheaper) said if IVF pregnancy, they usually give herbs to support. If natural, then no need for herbs. So, you're on the right track. Troy knows what he's doing. Good luck!

lolo32 15 yrs ago
Hi Keepontrying,

You are also in your 2ww now? same as me. I wish this time you get positive !!! really hope. Then it is a good news for me too. I dont have any symptoms, so i think it may not work, though i wont know until coming Thursday. Anyway, i already plan to see Dr Troy continously with herb, and take 2 months rest before another try of IVF if this time fails.

I know it is not easy, but will stay positive.

Good to find this blog and a support group here. May be even IVF having high chance, it will take a few times to have one time bingo.

Cheers, let's wait for the good news.

Do you take rest at home? or do you need to work?

lolo32

Keepontrying 15 yrs ago
honeypie,

Thank you so much for your wishes. I hope all goes well this time as well. Otherwise, not sure what else there is to do. Sigh....

Keepontrying

Highlander 15 yrs ago
I suggest yu should not take any chinese herbs after ET. The chinese herbs may affect your body temperature and may have side effect someway or another.

The person who prescribe the chinese herbs to you does not know your body well. His herbs may not work on everyone.

Keepontrying 15 yrs ago
Highlander,

Are you aware of any cases where people have experienced negative side effects from TCM after ET or during a pregnancy? If so, what were the side effects specifically?

Keepontrying

Highlander 15 yrs ago
Hi Keepontrying,

I do not have any cases. However, I do understand that chinese medicine is very much dependable on every person. For instance, if you are unwell, not every chinese medicine prescribed to you is suitable. It depends on how your body absorb.

Coming back for taking herbs/chinese medicine after ET, it may harm your body as you do not know how the medicine is functioning.

My opionion is that: after ET, just relax and do not do vigorous stuff. Keep yourself warm.

lolo32 15 yrs ago
Hi Keepontrying,

I just done a test by myself yesterday, i saw a 'cross', a positve, and went to do bloodtest yesterday but HCG level is low, so need to test again next Monday, nurse said 50/50%. At least some improvement this round. keep my fingers crossed

For Chinese herbs, i took it through my 1st and 2nd IVF cycle even after transfer, together with injection, and it didnt work. I saw a Chinese practiioner in Causeway bay who told me it is fine to take chinese herb together with Western medicine. I still not sure if it is because of too much, but my first time is overstimulation.

Dr Troy said no, so i listen to him this time. I agree with Highlander that, you may just listen to the doctor's advice, it seems Dr Troy didnt suggest chinese medication once the cycle starts.

good luck, stay positive :)

lolo32

ezpz 15 yrs ago
Hi All

I've been seeing Troy since August too. He has never prescribed any chinese medication to me. Just acupuncture and after transfer to use the moxa incense. Am I missing something? Am going for my post transfer session tomorrow with Dr Yip as Troy is on vacation. Will check with her.

lolo32 15 yrs ago
Hi ezpz,

I am seeing Dr Troy also and was given the moxa incense. They said i need to do it daily. But since my husband find it very smoky at home so i stopped after the first few days.

Other than that, i am not given any Chi med as well. I think they dont prefer to give during the IVF treatment as i keep asking if i need to take any Chi med, they said no.

Wish you good luck, relax and take rest, look forward to hearing good news from you.

lolo32

ezpz 15 yrs ago
Hi lolo32

Went for my acupuncture with Dr Yip at Troy's clinic yesterday after transfer. I asked Dr Yip about Chi med before and after transfer and she said normally if we are in a cycle with western drugs like gonal f etc, Troy will not prescribed any chinese meds as they interfere with each other. Chi meds are given only during rest cycles with no western meds.

Hope this helps.

ezpz

lolo32 15 yrs ago
Hi ezpz,

Thank you very much. I tried to call their clinic, may be they are already on leave.

lolo32

alentrott 13 yrs ago
Chinese herbs are always beneficial for better health issues. Mostly all the women widely used to drink chinese herbal tea in pregnancy period. Check out http://www.your-cup-of-tea.com/herbaltea.html for choose your own flavour of herbal tea.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad