Cord Blood Storage - Which company is best?

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by FamilyHombre 15 yrs ago
My wife is due soon with our second child and we would looking for recommendations or any opinions of the three companies in Hong Kong that specialize in cord blood storage.

I believe there is Cryolife, HealthBaby and CordLife. As the prices of all three are about the same, that is not a concern to us.

What's more important is that they have good, reliable facilities, and that they are financially sound and will remain in business! Afterall, they will be storing our baby's cord blood for 18 years, so that is very important.

Has anyone here had any experiences of any of these three companies, and what is your opinion of them? Any ones recommened, to be avoided, etc.?

Thanks so much for your help.

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
marchkuk 15 yrs ago
I think they all have reasonably good facilities, but this is not enough..., you also need to consider under what legal, cultural & regulation environment these labs are operating.

By the way, have you ever thought of sending your baby's cord blood to a well established company overseas with good global operations and supports?

*V* 15 yrs ago
I am also looking into the same matter at the moment and I think the best way is to ask your doctor. I'll let you know also after I speak to my doctor if there are any good recommendations.

FamilyHombre 15 yrs ago
Thanks *V*, I did speak to our doctor and she didn't have any concrete recommendations, probably because she works with all three companies. I do appreciate any feedback you get from your doctor, thanks.

AKCL 12 yrs ago
There are seven cord blood / stem cell banks in HK:

1. Smartcells (UK)

2. Healthbaby (Taiwan)

3. Cordlife (Singapore)

4. Cryolife (HK)

5. APSC (HK)

6. Prostem Cell (HK)

7. StemLife (Malaysia)

Underdawg 12 yrs ago
Does anyone have any update for this thread? Can anyone recommend a company?

mesujoyce 12 yrs ago
yep, there are some large cord blood banks in Hong Kong, located in Science Park, one is Healthbaby, based in Taiwan; another one is CordLife, based & Listed in Singapore. my perception, I would trust Singapore company, which they may have better technology and financial backgroud..

mojo12 12 yrs ago
Hi guys, I will be moving to discovery bay soon and need some advice on some insurance policies for pregnant women or even for my baby's future. Came across many cord blood service adds recently and am really looking into it. I have an ideal company that is located in Science park. Just want to ask for more opinions

katielim0102 12 yrs ago
Are those cord blood banks located in Science Park better? I will look into international support and technology use

mojo12 12 yrs ago
From what I've heard, seems like science park has better facilities to prevent power shortage. But I'm still new to HK, still have lots to understand. Hope you guys can give me more suggestions

katielim0102 12 yrs ago
I just did a bit searching on the lab tour thing...

for those in Science Park (healthbaby & cordlife). They seem arrange the tour monthly. My hubby and I probably cannot make it during weekends, I will check tmr see if they can arrange on weekdays

mojo12 12 yrs ago
I just went last Monday to check it out. Yeah, I'm sure you can arrange a schedule for the weekday since its just normal office hours. They told me that the Lab is open 24/7, 7 days a week; hence, to make sure the storage is done on time, etc. Too complicated for my understanding. I just remember its quality assured

katielim0102 12 yrs ago
Mojo12, such a co-incident! I visited cordlife last Monday evening, u? The consultant I contacted with is q. reponsive and resouseful. Apart from cord blood, I can opt to store the cord.. At the first begining, it is confused.

Any one of you heard about storing cord? Should I store it also?

mojo12 12 yrs ago
that's good to know, Katie! I visited the site and went through some details and advantages in it. My consultant was Mr.E. They mentioned the baby expo to me next month.

mojo12 12 yrs ago
thanks mojo, i've been looking into this for a long time myself. I've heard a few friends talk about it.

I'm planning on going to one of their macau talk on September the 8th.

maybe you can join me?

mojo12 12 yrs ago
that's great

Yolilau 12 yrs ago
I stored my baby's umbilical cord 5 years ago already. I am now pregnant with the 2nd. DO you thnk its still necessary?

mojo12 12 yrs ago
Well, if you have the excess money then you should store it. better safe than sorry

VIIP 12 yrs ago
i joined Healthbaby.

Yolilau 12 yrs ago
so apparently i have a recessive gene for thalassemia and my second baby might have chance of the disease. Cord life said the cord blood i stored before might help

kittycat1 9 yrs ago
I would say each company has their own strength. I chose Cordlife because when i check with the sales consultant, they allow shipping of storage of the cord blood at their overseas storage location. Would be applicable for me as i am from SIngapore but currently i will be station in HK for work.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad