ProlIVFic vs Sanatorium

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by TTC123 16 yrs ago
Hi All -- which one's better? I understand its the doctor that counts, but doesnt the lab also matter? esp after retrieval? thanks

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
honeypie 16 yrs ago
Yes, the embryologist is very important for the success. Sorry, no idea on these 2 clinics/hospital.

abitnaive 16 yrs ago
hi

i have had personal experience with the clinic at hk sanitorium and i found them very good. i wanted to meet the embryologist and talk to them about how many embryos they put on straws, freezing process, and was really impressed by them.

the lab is very important after retrieval, especially depending on your diagnosis. if you need ICSI, then you really want an embryologist with sure hands. you also want someone good at grading your embryos, who can help you make the decision whether to go 3 or 5 days transfer, and how many to transfer.

good luck to you.

TTC123 16 yrs ago
Hi abitnaive --- im scheduled to do it at prolivfic right now, but after reading the threads in this site, most people seem to have done it at sanatorium, so im wondering if i should switch.

abitnaive 16 yrs ago
i know several people who have had great experiences at prolivfic as well.

if i were you, i would make appointments with both places to talk with the embryologists. keep in mind, that statistics, especially with IVF can be easily easily skewed, so if one place has a better success rate on paper, that doesn't mean a lot. have a list of your questions, and don't be afraid to ask. you're paying a lot of money and have every right to ask questions and feel that your concerns have been addressed.

good luck.

Keepontrying 16 yrs ago
The lab matters a great deal. And so does the embryologist. I have used both ProlIVFic and the HK Sanitorium. Both are very good. However, the HK Sanitorium offers more services (i.e., assisted hatching, IVM, taking your embryos to the blastocyst stage prior to transfer (i.e., day 5/6 transfer), PGD). ProlIVFic only offers day 2 transfers. So it all depends on what your needs are. I think Zhou Jia, the chief embryologist at ProlIVFic is great. Extremely experienced, dedicated. She is also an OB so she really understands what it means to have and deliver babies. I was not given the opportunity to meet the embryologists at the HK Sanitorium but was assured by my doctor that they are good. There are two and both come from an IVF institute in China so they have a lot of experience. I found the HK Sanitorium services top notch. They recently renovated the whole place so the IVF Centre is new. I also think that the IVF center is now owned/run by the hospital so their standards and quality control is extremely high. Taking your embryos to day 5 requires a lot of extra care and you need a special set up in the lab for this which ProlIVFic does not have. Yes, you should definitely go visit both labs and see what you think. Bear in mind though that only 8 doctors (I think it's 8) are associated/can practice at the HK Sanitorium. There is a certain criteria in getting priveleged there (e.g., doctor's IVF success rate, # of years experience in fertility, etc. ) I believe any doctor can go and use the ProlIVFic since it is privately owned (vs being owned by a hospital). Therefore, if you are thinking of the Sanitorium at all, do make sure your doctor is priveleged there.

Good luck!

TTC123 16 yrs ago
Thanks all!

TTC123 16 yrs ago
Hi abitnaive/keepontrying -- was wondering if you know what's the ideal # of eggs? any do's or dont's that you know of for post-transfer?

Highlander 16 yrs ago
We did at ProIivf, with Zhou Jia and Dr William So. I was successful with twins. I think the lab is okay, though I did not check out Sanatorium.

TTC123 16 yrs ago
Hi Highlander -- did you do the accupuncture as well? I've been doing it with Troy a few times a week, but prolivfic just told me that they offer it before the transfer.

Highlander 16 yrs ago
Hi TTC123,

Yes, I did my accupunture in ProIivf by Zhou Jia. Done it before and after the transfer. I suggest you make an appointment wth Zhou Jia and let you and her understand your situation before you decide on anything. The appointment to discuss this matter is at no cost.

lolo32 15 yrs ago
Hi Highlander,

I'd like to know if you took best rest like for few days after you transfer, or anything is normal, you still go to work. As i just transferred yesterday and wonder if i should go to work. Or what should you do to make this time successful? anything you did different from previous times? sorry this is my 3rd IVF attempt, so i want to see if there is anything different which can made by the mother herself?

Anything you eat or you avoid to eat or do?

Thanks.

Lolo32

Highlander 15 yrs ago
If you do it at Pro|ivf, they woul dhave advise you not to take papaya and herbal stuff. You should rest and not to go to work and make yourself tired. You have come thus far, so why do you want to go to work?

Just stay normal and be yourself.

longing 15 yrs ago
Hi Highlander, CONGRATULATIONS!

May I ask how much it costs for IVF with William So and acupuncture with Dr Zhou?

Longing

Highlander 15 yrs ago
Hi Longing, thanks you.

Spent about HK$65K, this is including medication and freezing of eggs for 6 mths. This cost is excluding medication after successful, and acupunture durng and after IVF.

Acupunture is inexpensive. HK$300 per session.

lolo32 15 yrs ago
hi Highlander,

May I ask how old are you ? and how many times you tried with ProIivf? before the sucess. It is wonderful to have twins :) that's must be great !

I am now comparing the clinic after 1 IUI and 3IVF fails.

thanks for your advice,

lolo32

hknow 11 yrs ago
hi, this email post is quite old, so refreshing it. Does anyone know if Prolivfic now offers Day 5 ie blastocyst transfers? Also, ive had a 66% survival rate for the thawed embryos during FETs, is that average or bad? I was a little dissappointed cause I had no luck in my two FETs even though the embryos were rated as top quality- so am wondering whether the problem is with the embryos, the lab or both?? Thanks for your help

Cherub2 11 yrs ago
Both Sanitarium and Prolivfic has been frequently mentioned on these forums. The doctor I am currently seeing uses Victory ART lab. Anyone with any previous experience or knowledge of this lab to share?

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad