Miscarriage advice

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by Slammy 10 yrs ago
Hi,

I went for my 11 weeks scan this week and found the baby had no heartbeat and stopped growing at 8 weeks. I'm actually okay about the miscarriage because given my age, it was always present in my mind that there could be a problem. Anyway, I opted for natural miscarriage but after reading people's experiences on the internet, I'm getting scared now - especially after some people saying it felt like giving birth.

I'm wondering if I should opt for drugs/surgery so it would be over with quicker?

Can anyone share their experience with me?

I'm also curious to know what the public hospital do because I would probably go there to sort out the miscarriage. Can anyone share their experience with the public hospital and how they manage miscarriage?

Thanks very much!

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
calise 10 yrs ago
Public hospital : drugs and feel like give birth.

Private : surgery so u wont feel it.

It's all about money. If affordable, do it in private hospital.

LCJC 10 yrs ago
Hi Slammy,

I'm sorry this happened, I have had 2 miscarriages, the 1st I opted for a D&C which was painless, but unfortunately I got an infection which landed me in hospital in huge pain, but this is rare. The second time was natural, I too was 11 weeks and the baby stopped growing at 8 weeks, I won't say it was great, very emotional and I was a wreck, but as for pain it was just like a very bad period and pain killers took the edge off, doing it naturally is better for the body, as a D&C can leave scaring - or so I have been told.
Calise is right though, it comes down to price as the public hospital will be reluctant to give you a D&C and encourage the drug, I just happened to be doing my scan and miscarried at the hospital.
PM me if you need more info.

Slammy 10 yrs ago
Hi - thanks for your messages. I've been waiting and waiting so eventually the hospital suggested taking drugs, which I took eight days ago and still nothing! I'm wondering if it slipped out unnoticed with little bleeding!!?? I have a follow up appointment in two weeks so I guess I'll just keep waiting it out. I just don't know what to expect - whether I'll just suddenly start bleeding a lot that I won't have time to get home from work? Or whether there'll be any warning signs...

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad