Expat adopting process HK

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by tutusmama 11 yrs ago
Hey there,

Does anyone know if it is possible to as expats adopt children (whilst living in HK) from any countries other than HK, China, Russia, Thailand or India? We would love to adopt from a South American country (since we both speak Spanish and are willing to take older children) but it seems like the countries you can adopt from is very limited. Is that right??

Thanks for your help!

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
NT Chill 11 yrs ago
Where you can adopt depends on your nationality as that is the legal determining factor. I am australian and I can adopt anywhere in the world as long as I have lived outside of australia for more than 12 months for purposes other than adoption & I follow the legal process required by the country. My son is adopted from Cambodia & I did that as a HK resident. So your first port of call will be your consulate or adoption agency in your home country. Then International Social Services can assist with third country adoptions (where you come from is your first country, where your are resident is your second country & if you adopt where you are non resident then that is a third country adoption. Adoptive Families of Hong Kong (afhk.org.hk) an all volunteer group for families & waiting families & friends of adoption has some good resources & runs meeting & activities.

Niall horan 10 yrs ago
Wow it's long but can u help me

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad