Surgical Abortion in HK for a Non-Resident

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by KarenClaire 9 yrs ago
Hi, everyone. I'm 14 weeks pregnant whose baby in the womb has been detected with multiple congenital problems. This has been a devastating blow to me and my husband, as this is my first time to get pregnant.

The 4th OB-Perinatologist we had consulted had implicitly suggested that it might be best to consider terminating the pregnancy as soon as possible. Unfortunately, abortion is illegal where I'm from, so we've been considering going to HK to have the procedure done safely.

I've already emailed the Family Planning Association - HK (FPAHK), but I've been given generic information that's already on their website. I've also read similar posts here in this forum, but they date back to 5 years ago or so.

Well, I'm hoping I could get updated information on the following:

(1) How much would it cost for a non-HK resident to terminate the pregnancy in a private hospital? How about in a public hospital?

(2) Are public hospitals just as good (in terms of service) as the private ones? Which ones would you specifically recommend?

(3) How long does one usually have to stay in a hospital for recovery after a surgical abortion?

(4) Can you recommend a non-judgmental / competent / caring doctor who performs such procedure, but won't charge an arm & a leg? (I've learned Dr. Ghosh comes highly recommended, but I've read online that his fees are really expensive, and that the waiting line for appointments can get really long.)

(5) Will a 2-week stay in HK be enough to have everything done (consultation with at least 2 OB-GYNs as required; securing a referral from FPAHK; undergoing the procedure in a hospital)?

I hope someone could at least pitch in with some info. Thanks so much! ❤

Please support our advertisers:

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad